Friday, April 13, 2012

You're a great girl, truly, but....

Isn't that just every girls favorite phrase?
Now, given, I've been single for the past two years, but I've heard that phrase my fair share of times. I think there's multiple ways of coping with hurt. Including looking at pictures of beautiful men.
This weeks favorites:


Ian Somhalder

And....


Darren Criss



I'm also getting a massage tomorrow. This has nothing to do with my mildly hurt ego, and everything to do with my sore and tight muscles from working out. I get a massage every two weeks to help with my athletic performance.

1. Massage therapy increases flexibility. For an athlete to maintain optimal performance, he must have a high degree of flexibility. No matter which sport or sports the athlete is involved in, if he can gain more flexibility though massage therapy, then he will have an advantage over his competitors. Since massage therapy stretches the muscle fibers, flexibility is promoted and maintained.

2. Massage therapy improves circulation. With better circulation, the athlete can breath easier and move more smoothly. Since the practice of massage helps with blood flow, the circulation of the athlete will be improved and this will enhance his performance levels.

3. Massage therapy alleviates muscle pain. If an athlete is in pain due to an injury, he will not be playing his best game. With regular massage therapy, muscle pain can be curbed and the athlete can do his best job without being side tracked by pain issues.

4. Massage therapy promotes better sleep patterns. By getting regular massages, an athlete can actually improve the quantity and quality of sleep he is getting. By getting more sound sleep, the athlete is better able to perform at an optimal level.

5. Massage therapy increases relaxation levels. Many athletes have a type A personality and have a hard time relaxing. When an athlete can’t relax and has no real down time, stress can begin to take a toll on his health. By getting massages, he can learn to relax his body and his mind and improve his day to day life.

My massage therapist calls me a "tight ass" cause my gluts are so tight that my muscles twitch when he tries to massage them. It's quite funny.

Also, My dad is coming from California to visit this weekend, and I'm very excited. Expect plenty of pictures to come!

Love, Morgan

No comments: